Sunday, October 26, 2008

Drowning

It seems as if I find myself drowning in life's daily happenings. My husband leaves for work every day at 5:30am, each day I get up, get my daughter ready for school, drive her to school, come home and get ready for work myself. I love my family but I feel like I have lost who I am, I am a wife, mother, daughter, aunt and employee but when am I just ME? I feel like I am being pulled under with the current.

I love the work I do now, but have recently graduated with a bachelor's degree last June. I am currently looking for a new career in the business management realm. I went back to school to make life easier for my family, but the stress is still present. I suppose it doesn't help that I am also trying to look for a new career. I wish I could just stop and take a deep breath. I know I am probably better off than some people, I try to think positive all the time but even the true optimist has to have times when they want to give up and run away.

I don't want to wish any days of my life away but when are brighter days going to come my way. My life has been one challenge after another from day one. I just feel like I was given the short end of the stick! Maybe I try to hard to make things right, trying to conform to what society expects, but if we don't we will not survive, we all have to work to pay for lives expenses. In a way I wish "progress" wouldn't have happened, yet on the other hand where would we be without it? I dunno, I just feel like in the good name of progress we left part of our true souls behind...

No comments: